Monday, February 14, 2011

Simple egg sandwich

One of the standbys I use at least twice a week is making egg sandwiches for the wife and kids. Lately I've been going to Trader Joe's and getting their tubed refrigerated buttermilk biscuits and making two batches over the weekend so I've got them at the ready. A good egg sandwich is ridiculously easy to make...you don't need to douche it up like Bobby Flay probably wood with chipotle infused carne asada that's been marinating for three days in your spare Sub Zero in the garage.

One egg. Fry, scramble, poach, hardboil or however you like it. Remember it's got to fit snugly on the round biscuit bottom. Folding in half is OK but I wouldn't recommend that if it's got a runny yolk.

Meat. I usually use sliced sandwich ham. After the egg is almost done cooking, I add a slice to the frying pan.

Cheese. I usually go swiss or cheddar. Sliced or grated both work.

Biscuit. Sliced in half, I turn my broiler on, lay the cheese on the top and bottom slices of the biscuit and put them on the oven rack until the cheese melts.

Stack the ingredients between the biscuit halves and chow down. I usually need two. On the weekends, I pair it with a Bloody Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Content

Related