Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Remnants

Leftovers. Great if you can get another dinner out of them, but if you can't - do lunch. I had some roasted chicken that needed consumption and was out of bread except hot dog buns.

I'm not a big fan of lobster rolls because I don't like lobster. I prefer my crustaceans to be of the Maryland Blue variety. But my wife likes them so I know what they are. Since I only had a hot dog bun, I decided on a quick, poor man's version with chicken. For flavor I looked around the fridge and found a half stick of pepperoni from the last time we made pizza and made a couple of thin vertical slices; some cheddar, cornichons, mayo and yellow mustard. Usually I use dijon, but I reckoned the pepperoni would be enough of a kick. For the younger set, try a milder salami.

Lay the chicken, salami and grated cheese on a hot dog bun and put it in the oven onder the broiler for a couple of minutes. When cheese is melted, remove, slap on the condiments and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Content

Related